It’s been six months, and I have learnt a lot. This experience helps me see my life in sharper focus, and I am grateful for so many things.
Some of the things that I am particularly grateful for, that I may be missing a bit:
– A forgiving climate where I don’t go through multiple outfits a day and many, many showers.
– Freedom. Freedom to move, to be out at night, to wear what I want, to feel safe, to not be constantly stared at and harassed.
– Sitting outside at Marios Café, drinking beautiful coffee, and admiring the diversity and eccentric fibre of Fitzroy.
– My Dr Martin boots – and all the great times I have had while wearing them, and the ease of wearing western clothing and not the Sub-Continental Uniform for Ladies.
– My people, who have known me forever, who have celebrated my triumphs, supported my feats, and nursed me through illness.
– My sister, ever my champion, who only ever wants good things and happiness for me. And her gentle, charming, inquisitive sons, who just rock. Even when they are hitting each other.
Second Least Liveable City: Dhaka